These Pesto Goat cheese Stuffed Peppers make the perfect party appetizer! You’ll never need another appetizer after you’ve tried these sweet peppers with goat cheese. You only need 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make this yummy appetizer!
I’ve done a version of goat cheese stuffed peppers before, but I wanted to do something just a little bit different when I spied a bag of these fiber little sweet peppers in the store. These peppers only have four ingredients total and take less than 15 minutes to do, making them perfect snack or appetizer. You can’t get much simpler than staring pesto in goat cheese, piping into the peppers, dipping them in Panko, and then Breitling them. You end up with a warm pepper full of fresh tasting cheese with a crispy, crunchy crust.
In fact, they looked and smelled so good that there was a certain someone hovering around me as I took pictures, “are you done taking pictures yet? Are you done with these couple that are sitting over here? Can I eat these? I’m hungry.”
Me pepper grilling stand makes this a piece of cake, but if you don’t have one of those, you could also try threading them on skewers and resting the skewers on the sides of a baking pan, or standing a few of them up in the wells of a muffin tin. These would also be easy to do on the grill, and you’d probably get more blistering and toasting on the peppers that way.
Tools needed to make these small peppers stuffed with goat cheese:
- If you have piping bags on hand, they will make filling these peppers a breeze! But you could also just as easily use Ziplock bags as stated in the recipe, too.
- You will also need a metal grilling stand to keep those peppers upright while grilling.
If you liked these mini bell peppers stuffed with goat cheese, check out these other stuffed pepper recipes:
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Couscous and Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Pesto Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
These Pesto Goat cheese Stuffed Peppers make the perfect party appetizer! You'll never need another appetizer after you've tried these sweet peppers with goat cheese!
- 12 small sweet peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 4 oz goat cheese, softened or room temperature
- 2 T pesto
- 1/4 c panko
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto and goat cheese. Spoon the mixture into a small ziplock bag; cut the tip off.
- Pipe the mixture into the peppers, and dip the tops of the goat cheese into the panko. Spray the panko with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the peppers in a metal grilling stand and place 2-3" under a broiler for 4-5 minutes, until the panko has browned and the peppers are beginning to blacken around the edges. Serve immediately.