If you’re looking for a summer spritzer drink recipe, this Passion Lemon Spritzer is just what you need! It’s subtly sweet and perfectly refreshing!
While my ban on alcohol is almost over, I thought I ought to come up with at least one good non-alcoholic drink during this pregnancy.
I’ve really missed a good drink, partly because so many of the non-alcoholic ones load up the sugar to the point where I think I might just be drinking fruit syrup. I miss drinks that are just fresh tasting, with a bit of a dry bite to them. My go to has been virgin mojitos- one drink where I really don’t miss the rum at all.
Tazo’s Passion tea- a non caffeinated tea with the flavors of hibiscus and passion fruit (among others,) is a drink that I love. Its a beautiful pink color. I was incredibly excited when I saw that they sell a Passion tea concentrate in stores now, and I thought it would be delicious in some sort of a spritzer. This can be done two ways- the first is to just pour in equal parts of passion tea, lemonade and club soda over ice. Simple. Takes about 5 seconds. If you have a spare 15 seconds, muddle some mint and a couple lemon slices in the bottom of your glass first. And just know that I will 100% be swapping out the lemonade for limoncello in about a month.
What is a spritzer?
Traditionally, a spritzer is just a combination of wine (usually white) and soda water. However, because this particular recipe is a “mocktail” rather than a cocktail, I substituted the wine with passion tea and lemonade. You can easily switch up the flavors by adding any flavor of juice in place of the tea or lemonade.
Tools needed to make this summer drink recipe:
- A lot of cocktails that I make, including this one, need a muddler. When you muddle mint and lemon for this drink, it really brings out the bright and fresh flavors!
- Any well-equipped home bar should also have a shaker set as well.
If you liked this spritzer drink recipe, check out these other summer drink ideas:
- 1 mint sprig
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 part Tazo Passion Tea Concentrate
- 1 part lemonade (or limoncello)
- 1 part club soda
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle together the lemon slices and the mint. Add a handful of ice. Top with the tea, lemonade and club soda and give a few quick shakes to combine.
- Pour drink into desired glass Garnish with mint sprig, if desired.