I spied this idea somewhere in the food related Internet about four years ago. I think it was right before one of our Christmas parties, and I thought that it would be a fast and easy appetizer to do. However, as all Christmas parties are, it was in December– so obviously, ripe peaches were nowhere to be found. In my naïveté, I thought that (against all my better judgment) frozen peaches would work just as well.
They did not. They turned into a sloppy mess. Don’t use frozen peaches.
Bacon Wrapped Peaches with Basil and Balsamic
- 1 peach, cut into 8 sections
- 4 pieces of bacon, cut in half widthwise
- 2 T finely chopped basil
- Balsamic Glaze, for drizzling.
- Preheat a grill on medium heat.
- Wrap each peach section tightly with a piece of bacon, and place on the grill. Turn heat to low.
- Grill until bacon is browned and crisp on each side, watching carefully for flare ups.
- Remove from grill to a serving platter. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.