I spied this idea somewhere in the food related Internet about four years ago. I think it was right before one of our Christmas parties, and I thought that it would be a fast and easy appetizer to do. However, as all Christmas parties are, it was in December– so obviously, ripe peaches were nowhere to be found. In my naïveté, I thought that (against all my better judgment) frozen peaches would work just as well.
They did not. They turned into a sloppy mess. Don’t use frozen peaches.
Bacon Wrapped Peaches with Basil and Balsamic
- 1 peach cut into 8 sections
- 4 pieces of bacon cut in half widthwise
- 2 T finely chopped basil
- Balsamic Glaze for drizzling.
- Preheat a grill on medium heat.
- Wrap each peach section tightly with a piece of bacon, and place on the grill. Turn heat to low.
- Grill until bacon is browned and crisp on each side, watching carefully for flare ups.
- Remove from grill to a serving platter. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Join my mailing list to receive my latest recipes to your inbox!
Prudy | butter, basl, and breadcrumbs says
Holy. Smokes. Man. Gorgeous. I am totally making these next weekend. They look, and sound so delicious. I can’t wait to try them! Love. Love. LOVE!!! <3
Thanks Pru 🙂
Stacey @ Bake Eat Repeat says
Oh those are brilliant! Love everything about it, especially the balsamic. I’ve been loving balsamic on fruit lately – so good!
Lauren @ Create Bake Make says
Wow these look beautiful! I can’t wait for peaches to be in season again so I can make them!
Sara @ Life's Little Sweets says
These look really, really good, I would totally make these, pinning!
Shelagh Morrison says
I made these last night when faced with a last minute need for a quick and “Whole 30” appetizer (my friend is following the plan). Almost compliant but so very delicious, were gobbled right up. Thank you for this idea. Will be making again-and again!