I don’t even know where to begin. I’ve been sitting here, starting at a blank box with a flashing cursor and no idea where to begin.
I guess I will start off with Happy Waffle Week!
I’ve teamed up with a great group of talented bloggers to flood you with delicious waffle recipes, which you can find using #WaffleWeek2015. Among us, you’ll find savory waffles, fall-themed waffles, crazy waffles and sweet waffles- but they are all sure to be completely delectable. No wafflin’ there!
Aren’t my food puns just awful?! I can just picture David reading this. He’s undoubtedly rolling his eyes and shaking his head at me. I can feel it in my soul.
So even though my pumpkin waffles from yesterday were a home run for me, I decided to take them to another level. I created this fall-themed waffle sandwich, using two of my pumpkin waffles and sandwiching apple butter and melted brie in between them. I was exceedingly excited after I took my first bite. I ran, sandwich in hand, and shoved into Dave’s face as he was getting out of the shower.
“Oh my God!! Take a bite!!!”
Bewildered, he took a bite, chewed- then, “Wow. There’s no one that wouldn’t want that.”
Make sure to check out all the other posts for Waffle Week!
- Cheese & Pear Waffle Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Waffled Polenta Crisps with Caponata by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buckwheat Waffles Benedict by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Churro Waffles by A Nerd Cooks
- Coconut Flour Waffles with Spiced Pineapple Syrup by Aloha Flavor
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Pecan Waffles by Rhubarb and Honey
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Waffles by Cookie Monster Cooking
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toast Waffles by The Spiffy Cookie
- Potato Waffle Eggs Florentine by Eats Well With Others
- Pumpkin Waffle Sandwiches with Apple Butter and Melted Brie by Go Go Go Gourmet
- Brown Sugar Chicken and Waffles by GirlCarnivore
- Cauliflower Cheese Waffles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken and Spiced Sweet Potato Waffles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hummus Waffles with Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mac and Cheese Waffles with Honey Bunches Chicken by Baking In A Tornado
- Sweet & Savoury Sausage & Apple Waffles by Fuchsia Freezer
- Sweet Potato Waffles with Horseradish Sauce by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Waffles by Spiced
- Banana Split Waffles by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Homemade Waffle Cones by Eva Bakes
- Neapolitan Waffles by Dinner at the Zoo
- Pumpkin Pecan Waffles by Feed Me, Seymour
- Pumpkin Pie Waffle Cake by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Red Velvet Waffles with Bourbon Cherry Syrup & Cream Cheese Drizzle by Cooking In Stilettos
Pumpkin Waffle Sandwiches with Apple Butter and Melted Brie
- 2 pumpkin waffles
- 3-4 1/4 "slices of brie
- 2 T apple butter
- Spread the apple butter on one waffle; lay the brie on top.
- Toast both waffles in a toaster oven for 3-4 minutes, until brie is wamed and starting to melt.
- Sandwich the two together and slice in half.
Join my mailing list to receive my latest recipes to your inbox!
Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) says
Everything about this recipe is a home run, from the waffle to the sandwich filling. Now, do you deliver? 😉
Karen @BakingInATornado says
What an amazing combination of flavors. You sure did take these waffles up a notch.
I’m so happy to have been involved in this project with so many talented bloggers.
Thanks Karen! I am so happy that Kim came up with the idea.
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm says
These certainly do sound delicious!!
Thank you Wendy!
Kimberly Henricks-Friedhoff says
Wow! I don’t think you could have packed more flavor into these waffle sandwiches if you tried! Love the combo here!
I have pumpkin waffles on the to make list. They look so delicious!! And they’re sandwiches? LOVE!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
Holy crap that sounds amazing! What a bold combo of flavors too.
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook says
A waffle sandwich, love it!
Your photos are absolutely beautiful.
Sara @ Life's Little Sweets says
Pinning this one to my Pumpkin Everything board! This looks so unexpected AND delicious!
brzi kolaci recepti says
Hi Jacqueline i am Katarina, like cooking. Your site is perfect with a lot of fresh ideas, thank you very much.