Look at that cheesy crust!
I’ve never made scalloped potatoes before. In fact, if I’ve ever wanted them, I have just gone for the “out of the box” version- which I am not ashamed to say that I love. Its kind of like Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, or those Cheese Balls- sometimes you just want the orange stuff.
I love goat cheese and accidentally bought an extra 16 oz log of it, not knowing there was already one at home. I didn’t want it to go to waste, so I came up with these creamy scalloped potatoes. They are quick to prepare, much more than I would have expected, but it is definitely important not to overbake them- they will get dry. These are easy enough for weeknights, but taste special enough for any holiday or special occasion meals.
Goat Cheese and Chive Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- 2-2.5 lb potatoes scrubbed and sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 c cream
- 1 c milk
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 3 T chopped chives
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Evenly arrange sliced potatoes in dish.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat the milk, cream, garlic and 2 T of the chives together over medium heat until simmering. Slowly crumble in the goat cheese, whisking constantly, until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of chives.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the top is browned but the potatoes are still creamy. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Join my mailing list to receive my latest recipes to your inbox!
Leave a Reply