This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
If there is one thing that Dave loves while watching football- its stereotypical tailgating food- chips, beer, wings, potato skins, etc. I could take or leave the football, but I am always down for some “football food.”
Potato skins are one of his favorites, but I was tired of the same old same old method- green onions, cheese, maybe some bacon, and sour cream. Delicious… but kind of boring.
When I ran across WOLF chili in Walmart the other day, I had a flash of genius- I would combine fresh potatoes from the produce section with ready-made chili to combine two of Dave’s guilty pleasures- chili cheese fries and potato skins! These chili cheese potato skins are packed with delicious chili and drippy, melted cheese. They were a massive hit!
The best thing to remember when having a party- make your life easier! A great kitchen hack can really help you out here: No need to tie up your oven for an extended period of time to make the potatoes- simply wash, prick with a fork, wrap in foil and cook on HIGH in your slow cooker for 3 1/2 hours. They come out perfectly!
Looking for even more ideas? Check out some more here! What are YOU making for the big game??
- 6-7 Idaho potatoes, baked
- 1-14 oz. can Wolf chili
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Scoop the insides of the potatoes out. Lay on a baking sheet covered with foil (for easy cleanup).
- Spread 1-2 tsp cream cheese into the bottom of each potato well.
- Spoon chili into each potato, dividing evenly among potatoes. Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, until chili is hot and cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Top with sour cream, if desired.