You only need FOUR ingredients to make these totally delicious and super easy Chili Cheese Potato Skins! Perfect for game day!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
If there is one thing that Dave loves while watching football- its stereotypical tailgating food- chips, beer, wings, potato skins, etc. I could take or leave the football, but I am always down for some “football food.”
Potato skins are one of his favorites, but I was tired of the same old same old method- green onions, cheese, maybe some bacon, and sour cream. Delicious… but kind of boring.
When I ran across WOLF chili in Walmart the other day, I had a flash of genius- I would combine fresh potatoes from the produce section with ready-made chili to combine two of Dave’s guilty pleasures- chili cheese fries and potato skins! These chili cheese potato skins are packed with delicious chili and drippy, melted cheese. They were a massive hit!
The best thing to remember when having a party- make your life easier! A great kitchen hack can really help you out here: No need to tie up your oven for an extended period of time to make the potatoes- simply wash, prick with a fork, wrap in foil and cook on HIGH in your slow cooker for 3 1/2 hours. They come out perfectly!
Looking for even more ideas? Check out some more here! What are YOU making for the big game??
Chili Cheese Potato Skins
- 6-7 Idaho potatoes baked
- 1-14 oz. can Wolf chili
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Scoop the insides of the potatoes out. Lay on a baking sheet covered with foil (for easy cleanup).
- Spread 1-2 tsp cream cheese into the bottom of each potato well.
- Spoon chili into each potato, dividing evenly among potatoes. Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, until chili is hot and cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Top with sour cream, if desired.