I can’t help but notice that all the bloggers that AREN’T in Florida are rubbing my nose into the fact that it’s cool, and apple-y, and pumpkin-y throughout the country. Well goody for you. I’m jealous.
However, my claim to jealousy fame is that peaches are in season here, so my basket runneth over.
We went to check out the outlets here last weekend. Did you know that Le Cruset has outlet stores? I was shocked. I actually don’t own any, so I thought it might be worth a trip inside. I fell in love with these adorable mini tart pans and pie plates. “Look,” I exclaimed, “I need these!” “For what?!” *incredulously* “Um, to make individual pies?” “You’ve never done that literally ever.” “That’s BECAUSE I don’t HAVE mini pie plates!”
They were also buy 3, get one free. Eight of them came home with us.
Hmm, so many peaches, so many fall cravings; what to do, what to do… Individual dishes of peaches, brown sugar & cinnamon, topped with a crumbly concoction starring crystallized ginger? Sure, why not.
Peach & Ginger Crisps
- 7 small to medium peaches, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped fine
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 T butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 4 small oven safe dishes (mine are 4½" in diameter) with nonstick cooking spray. Toss peaches, cinnamon, cornstarch, and brown sugar in a bowl. Divide among dishes.
- Pulse together flour, ginger, salt, nutmeg and sugar in the bowl of the food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbles (if you don't have a food processor, use your fingers to pinch together the mixture). Top the dishes with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.