Its here! It’s here!
Welcome to the all-new, beautifully redesigned Go Go Go Gourmet!
I am so proud of this site. I love the look of it, I love how it runs. I love my new logo. I love the new features that I’ve added. But most of all, I feel like it’s really a reflection of me now. It feels only fitting to launch this new site on my 100th post.
One hundred posts. I can’t believe how fast it’s gone already! I remember how I felt standing at the stove the night that this idea came into my head. I was so tired and felt so lost, so unlike myself. It seems like it was a lifetime ago, even though it was only about seven months ago. Look how much has changed since then- I’m living 1,200 miles away, have what feels like a whole new life, Jonathan is like a little real person and hell, I’m even cooking on electric!
I hope that you all are enjoying this journey thus far. I want you to know that every comment, like, share and new follow I get warms my heart and fills me with pride. I love sharing my recipes, thoughts, successes, and failures with you.
Here are some the new features:
- Recipes page: Here you have a better search function. Search by keyword, date or category. The last four Appetizer, Bunch, Cocktail, Main Dish, Side Dish & Dessert recipes are displayed automatically, with the ability to go further back.
- The Kitchen: I was asked to do a post on what to have in a good home bar, which led me to think about what else I could list out for the kitchen. Here I’ll give you lists on what I think you should have in your kitchen: what spices, equipment, pan, knives, etc. I think are good to have, what should be stocked in your pantry, etc. I’m going to share the cookbooks that I love and recommend in The Cookbook Cupboard, and the gadgetry that’s made my life easier in The Gadget Drawer. I’ll also provide links to buy some of these items in the “Go Go Go Gourmet Recommends…” Amazon Store, (full disclosure, Amazon pays me a pittance for my recommendations through my store.).
- Social Media: Links to follow me/Go Go Go Gourmet on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Print function: I know most people are probably either bookmarking or Pinning recipes to save, but I’ve also added a functionality for a more printer-friendly version as well.
- There are three new posts that I am adding in addition to this one- the first posts in The Cookbook Cupboard (here), The Gadget Drawer (here), and The Bar Cabinet (here).
I have to thank a few people here:
Connie DiNuoscio, one of my fab mother-in-laws, who worked endlessly with me to create the adorable new logo for the site. She took the idea that I had in my head and turned it into a reality, using only a photo with an unhappy Jonathan and my 57,428 emails with feedback. I would recommend her to anyone, but I’m pretty sure she’ll never take a project on like this again (and/or me as a client!). Thanks Conz, it turned out even better than I imagined!
Rob Tenniswood, my web advisor. Without his help, there’s no way that I could have figured out the ins and outs of how to accomplish my goals. Thank you so much for all the FaceTimes, my freakouts and rants, and for getting me set up on this new server. I learned so much from working with you.
My husband. Thanks for the support, for pushing me to keep going when I felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere, and for eating 100 meals that ended up lukewarm from having pictures taken.
I’d love to hear what you think of the new site. Did I miss anything? Anything else you think I should add for the future?
Now, champagne to celebrate!!!
a Go Go Go Gourmet recipe
- 1 bottle chilled Prosecco or champagne
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- Sliced fruit
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, stir to combine. Serve, sip, sit back, deep breath, relax, enjoy and CELEBRATE!
Bonus points: freeze your fresh fruit to keep your drink cold without ice!