Here’s another recipe to use some of the leftover dough that you should have from the flatbread recipe from last week. I really can’t recommend enough that you roll out and use the dough when it’s cold. I forgot how much easier it is to shape and roll out and transfer to the grill when it comes out of the refrigerator.
Zucchini on pizza… I know it sounds anything but conventional. I can’t remember how I came up with this idea, I just remember trying it out and falling in love with it. Give it a shot.
- Pizza dough
- 2-2 T prepared pesto
- 1/2 small zucchini sliced thin
- 3/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c grated romano cheese
- Garlic bread spread
- Heat a grill on high; spray grates with cooking spray. Flour a cookie sheet, and pull off a grapefruit sized amount of dough. Sprinkle dough with flour. Initially flatten using hands, then use a rolling pin to roll out to about 1/3″ thickness. Shake your cookie sheet to make sure that the dough can easily slide around. If not, loosen, and add a bit more more flour under dough using a long spatula turner. Spread with pesto, and top with zucchini and then cheeses. Using a knife or pastry brush, brush garlic bread topping along the crust.
- Turn the grill down to low heat. Use your cookie sheet to transfer the dough to your grill using a back-and-forth motion. Cook for 10 minutes, checking every 3 minutes past 5 minutes for burning, until slightly puffed up and cooked through. Slide cookie sheet underneath to remove. Serve immediately.