Consider this week to be “Seafood Week” here at GO GO GO; hopefully JUST as exciting as Shark Week to you. I have stockpiled some great dishes for you to try, featuring clams, ahi tuna, and salmon!
First up, clams done on the grill. I have done something similar to this before, but I have never gone the route of actually using my stainless steel cookware right on the grill. It worked great though! It was a beautiful night, and I really just wanted to be outside. Not sure why I never thought of it before….Thinking back, if you have a side burner on your grill, you could use that as well. I have also done this be using one of the disposable aluminum serving dishes/chafing dish pans, so feel free to give that a go too. Bonus there– no dishes to do!
Grilled Clams with Chorizo, Peppers & Basil
- 4 dozen middle neck clams shells scrubbed
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1/2 orange bell pepper sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bottle beer I used UFO Hefeweizen
- 1 roma tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 handful basil leaves torn
- Preheat a grill on high with a heavy bottomed skillet on the grate.Add the chorizo to the pan, and cook until sausage begins to brown. Add bell peppers and garlic; sauté until softened. Add clams, pour beer over. Cover skillet and allow to cook until clams have begun to open, 5-7 minutes. Carefully remove cover, add tomatoes, re-cover. Dish will be done when clams are fully open. Discard any that have not opened. Garnish with fresh basil, serve with crusty bread.
Join my mailing list to receive my latest recipes to your inbox!
Leave a Reply