Consider this week to be “Seafood Week” here at GO GO GO; hopefully JUST as exciting as Shark Week to you. I have stockpiled some great dishes for you to try, featuring clams, ahi tuna, and salmon!
First up, clams done on the grill. I have done something similar to this before, but I have never gone the route of actually using my stainless steel cookware right on the grill. It worked great though! It was a beautiful night, and I really just wanted to be outside. Not sure why I never thought of it before….Thinking back, if you have a side burner on your grill, you could use that as well. I have also done this be using one of the disposable aluminum serving dishes/chafing dish pans, so feel free to give that a go too. Bonus there– no dishes to do!
- 4 dozen middle neck clams, shells scrubbed
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- ½ orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bottle beer (I used UFO Hefeweizen)
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 handful basil leaves, torn
- Preheat a grill on high with a heavy bottomed skillet on the grate.Add the chorizo to the pan, and cook until sausage begins to brown. Add bell peppers and garlic; sauté until softened. Add clams, pour beer over. Cover skillet and allow to cook until clams have begun to open, 5-7 minutes. Carefully remove cover, add tomatoes, re-cover. Dish will be done when clams are fully open. Discard any that have not opened. Garnish with fresh basil, serve with crusty bread.