This Grilled Flank Steak with Black Bean and Corn Salsa recipe is the best way to grill flank steak! Full of juicy flavor, it’s perfect for summer grilling!
This is the problem with creating recipes. I never write them down as I go.
I made this last week and meant to post it on Thursday. One thing led to another, and here we are– it’s Sunday and I’m just getting to it. And unfortunately, I am having to examine my photos verrrrry closely to remember what I put in that salsa!
I’m thrilled to see the return of grilling season and so is my husband, AKA The Dish Washer- way less dishes to tackle!!
p.s. Happy Mother’s Day to all my fellow mamas-including mine!
Tools needed to make this grilled flank steak:
- You will need a food processor to help make the marinade.
- I really love my Traeger grill for grilling all sorts of meats!
If you liked this easy flank steak recipe, check out these other great steak recipes:
- Sweet Heat Grilled Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
- Grilled Flank Steak and Chicken Fajitas
- Skirt Steak Fajitas (And Potato Eating)
- Carne Asada Steak Kabobs
Grilled Flank Steak with Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- For the steak:
- 1 flank steak
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 1 handful cilantro
- Corn & Black Bean Salsa
- 2/3 cup of corn
- 1/2 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion diced,
- 1 jalepeno seeded and diced
- 1/2 plum tomato seeded and diced
- 2 green onions light and green parts only, sliced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 a lime.
- Salt & Pepper
- The night before: In a food processor or blender, combine the chipotle peppers and 1-2 T of sauce, garlic, vinegar, water and cilantro. Spread half of marinade on bottom of 13 x 9 pan. Add flank steak and top with the remaining marinade.
- Light a grill and pre-heat on high. Add steak and grill approximately 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing diagonally against the grain (important in order for steak to be tender). Top with salsa. Serve with choice of sides (pictured-grilled plantains: slice, toss with olive oil, grill).