Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
There are few things better than a hearty dish of chicken and noodles, no matter what season it is! This recipe is made in the crockpot, and tastes like a homemade version of Bob Evan's! You can serve this Amish style chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes for the ultimate comfort food.
Servings 8 -10
- 1 chicken cut into breasts, thighs and legs
- 3/4 lb peeled carrots cut into 1/2" round slices
- 4 stalks celery sliced 1/2"
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth divided
- 3/4 lb homestyle wide noodles
- 2 cups half-and-half or cream
Place chicken in crockpot insert, along with vegetables and seasoning. Dot top with spoonfuls of condensed soup, then pour over 1 cup of the chicken broth. Use tongs to gently coat and combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
Remove chicken from crockpot insert and set aside. Stir in noodles until covered with cooking liquid. Place chicken on top. Recover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
Remove chicken meat from bones and shred, either by hand or by using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Stir in shredded chicken, remaining chicken broth and half-and-half. Recover until heated through and serve.