Posted by https://www.gogogogourmet.com/turkey-pot-pie/
© 2014 Go Go Go Gourmet. All rights reserved.
Turkey Pot Pie
- 3 T butter
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 T flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cubed turkey (or chicken)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 box frozen pie crusts (or 1 batch homemade double crust)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Melt 1½ T butter in a deep skillet or risotto pan. Add celery, carrots and onion; sauté until vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add remaining butter to pan, then whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute to remove any raw flour taste. Slowly add in broth, constantly whisking, then milk. Simmer until mixture has thickened to a gravy-like consistency. Add in turkey, corn and peas, cook together for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare crust for one of the methods mentioned above, making sure to cut vents in the top of the pie crust (not if you are using a machine). Brush crust with egg and bake for 25-30 minutes, until crust is crispy and golden.
Loading nutrition data...