Don’t misunderstand. I love what I do. I love creating recipes, carving out a small space on the Internet for my ideas, having a creative outlet- but I hate the writing portion.
Sometimes its not so bad. Sometimes the words just flow, where I have a humorous story about creating the recipe or what’s going on in my life, or a lot of extra how-to points that I just can’t cover in the recipe portion. Those days are great.
But today? This is a Seinfeld post. A post about nothing. A post about how I generally feel I suck at writing posts. So I’ll leave it at that, hoping that I have more to say about the other recipes I need to work on today.
All I have to say here is that this is a great weeknight dinner- uses frozen ravioli and rotisserie chicken (or any other kind of leftover chicken you may have lying around, I actually used my Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken), frozen peas, fresh mushrooms and my Four Cheese Sauce to make this dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes. I was going to just include this in the Four Cheese Sauce post, but I honestly felt the dish was too good not to have its moment in the sun. So… here we are.
Talk about succinct. Hope Google is happy that I hit their 300 word minimum on this.
- 1 recipe Four Cheese Sauce
- 1 16 oz. package frozen mushroom ravioli
- 3 T butter
- 3 T sherry
- 12 oz. portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1- 1½ cups shredded chicken
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté until golden brown. Deglaze the pan with the sherry.
- Add the chicken and peas to the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes until hot.
- Divide the ravioli between serving bowls and ladle the sauce on top of them. Top with the mushroom mixture and serve.